As part of the College of Engineering’s collaborative environment, the ChemE Department offers a number of opportunities for students to engage with other departments during their time here, including the option to for additional majors and minors.
- Biomedical Engineering (BME): With the additional major in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering students will gain the knowledge and tools to help transform healthcare worldwide through interdisciplinary engineering innovation.
- Engineering and Public Policy (EPP): Coupled with a chemical engineering degree, students can also complete an additional major with Engineering and Public Policy, developing skills to help solve problems at the interface of science, technology, and society. Students choosing to double major should work with an advisor from each department to discuss specific courses and ensure they remain on track.
- Computer Science: A minor in computer science enables our students to implement solutions to problems in areas like artificial intelligence, graphics and sound, software engineering, and human-computer interaction and more. Students may double-count a maximum of 3 courses for the CS minor toward their ChemE major. Meet with the Program Coordinator in the CS Undergraduate Office to determine double-counting restrictions specific to your situation.
- Colloids, Polymers, and Surfaces (CPS): Our CPS minor prepares students to work with complex fluids, macromolecules, and interfaces vital for chemical product manufacturing and process development. Speak with your undergraduate advisor for more information.
- Other College of Engineering Minors